Thursday, May 28, 2009

Dedications to staff

Dear Celeste, Just a few lines to express my deep appreciation for reaching out a helping hand to me. You have been a good friend and a shoulder to lean on. Thanks for giving me the chance to have a good taste of dorm parenting and for all your advice and assistance. Thanks for being sweet and kind and considerate. I will always remember you and I wish you all the best for the future. God bless.
Sadie
Margaret, I am so glad to have met you even if it was for such a short period. Thanks for all your patience with me and for answering the many, many questions that I have kept “”bothering” you with, and for trying to guide me through the maze of the IB course, which, largely because of your help, is now beginning to coalesce into an understandable pattern for me. Thanks for giving me the chance to supervise your classes when you were away for a week, for the very helpful data you have given me and for being a well-wisher and friend. Sadie and I wish you all the best for the future. God bless.
Peter

Prava, it was nice knowing you and interacting with you in the English Department. Thanks for your help and suggestions and for always finding the time to talk to me even though you were very busy. Colleagues like you are hard to find and I do wish you had stayed longer. However, I wish you all the best for the future and I will remember you and as a kind soul who lent a helping hand to a new comer like me. Sadie and I wish you best of luck for the future. God bless.
Peter

Many thanks and well wishes to Chrissy Macaulay as she leaves KIS. She was a crucial team member on Ganga campus, always willing to fill in where and when ever she was needed. She did an outstanding job planning and teaching Art and French. She had the kids,"Parle Vousing" in no time! The kids will miss her smile and the enthusiasm she brought to both French and Art each day. Bon voyage Ms Chrissy!
Brian Nelson

The academic year 2008-2009 is slowly coming to an end, and with it we look back and see a year of accomplishments, achievements and experiences. All of this wouldn't have been possible if not for a combined effort from every member of our school community. It is that time of the year when we express our sincere appreciation and gratitude to colleagues who have made worth every effort.

The residential life at the school this year would not be the same if it had not been for the support, assistance and service in various areas of Celeste Jeyakar, Assistant Dean. Though Celeste has been serving at the school for over 21 years as a dorm parent, this last year she took on the role of Assistant Dean in which she worked enthusiastically for the betterment of the students. Celeste has always been readily available to both students and staff and her interpersonal relationship with the community members has been highly valuable. I thank you on my personal behalf Celeste and wish you every success for the future as you move on from KIS.

Margaret Das, has seen 5 of her children go through the educational system here at KIS; has been piano teacher, English teacher, and presently High School Coordinator. She has been an advisor to many students, shared valuable life lessons to students and staff alike, and has also been one to build bridges and let the love of Christ flow in and through her. Much credit goes to Margaret for the congeniality shared by the academic and residential programs of the school due to her innovative ideas, which have worked well during her tenure. Her contribution to the school as a whole comes without measure; more recently, the BOW program was instituted, given structure and guided by Margaret. Her relentless effort and perseverance to get the system up and running has been exemplary to all. Now as she leaves to join her family, we express our appreciation and thanks for all her various contributions to the school and we pray God's choicest blessings.

Though Greg Faddegon has already left I would like to thank him, Raja Krishnamoorthy, Ganga Cristus and Geoff Fisher for their support in all the various administrative decisions over this academic year.

Dorm parents, another feather in your cap for enduring the challenges and experiences of the year! As we work to give the very best to the students who come under our care for, safety, comfort, discipline and support, we did not grow weary, but pursued with determination! Thank you for your willingness and cooperation. Have a restful vacation.

I would also like to thank Lulu VanHaltren, Secretary to Vice Principal, Dean and Assistant Dean. Your cheerful demeanor and effective secretarial skills have enabled us to move on schedule and meet the different needs. Thank you once again.
Sam Balachandar

" Give your life to God; he can do more with it than you can!
Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while,
Leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.”

We dedicate this to the Hahn family, Mrs Vasu Balakrishnan, Mrs Elaine Olsen and Mr Billy Yesudian and all others those are leaving the KIS community.

May you always have work for your hands to do
May your pockets hold always a coin or two
May the sun shine bright on your window pane
May the rainbow be certain to follow each rain
May the hand of a friend always be near you
And may God fill your heart with gladness to cheer you.
Lovingly from the Paulraj family

I want to offer my sincere thanks and best wishes to Vasu Balakrishnan, or, as I like to call her, Sunshine. She always brightens any room she enters and lifts the spirits of all who are there. She is smart, cheerful, funny, generous and gracious. I have found her to be very supportive and helpful to my efforts here as well as a wonderful role model for me and for her students. All the best!
Janet

Shreya, wise beyond your years, capable and competent, reliable and enthusiastic and always cheerful and fun, you have been a great asset to KISCO and a cooperative, charming person to work with. Wherever you go be safe, don’t worry and be happy. God bless. Students and staff alike will miss you lots.
Penny

Billy – thanks to your careful attention to design perspective; our branding and imaging statement incorporated into our website, is now well recognized and stands out as one of the major achievements of the last few years. We could never have done it without you. May God bless you every step you take. See you soon...
Penny

Martin - Your attention to detail and your conviction in helping KIS to develop its Fund Raising effort has taught a lot to many members of KIS. Your efforts have been much appreciated and have not fallen on deaf ears. Thanks.
Penny

Missy Chrissy – if you’re looking for explanations – there are none…… only that our paths were meant to cross! Don’t forget Swamiji – he’ll always be looking out for you through Guruji’s teachings. Come back and assist when you can. Have no fear, trust in your heart….. your mind, as you know, is always ready to trick you. Be safe and happy and never look back.
Penny

To all staff
We hope you time at KIS has been happy, best wishes as you move ahead...
Human Resources

Lata joined us over 5 years ago as a Chemistry teacher and her contributions to the school were not limited within the walls of her classroom. She ensured that there was quality teaching with a lasting impact on all her students. Her timely intervention to accommodate last minute reviews and queries have always been appreciated by all her pupils. She has volunteered herself in a variety of other activities and programs, has led groups on Social Experience and Science field trips and made educational trips wholesome!

Lata has also been a friend to many and has offered her advice and support to many. Her God given talents and discerning spirit has been a blessing to many. I wish Lata the very best for her future as she moves on from KIS and joins her family in Kerala.
Lalita

Christine & Eben Holderness - Thank you for sharing East House and the whole volunteer experience with me – hikes, trip, meals, phone, long conversations and especially our kitty. You wer both a big aprt of this Kodai experience for me. All best wishes for your return trip and your life back in Vermont.
Elaine Olson
Julie Stengele - You have been a great sponsor – lending me things, feeding me, alumni dinners at Hilltop on Sunday evenings and so much more. Thanks you very much!
Elaine Olson

To everyone at the Elementary School - What special days I had as your school nurse! I enjoyed getting to know each of you and will remember you fondly. Thank you for sharing and all best wishes for the 2009 – 2010 school year.
Elaine Olson

Mary and Philip, I have grown to love and respect you for the people you are. Mary, you stand up for your convictions and chose to be silent, not defending yourself. You are a ‘cool’ person as our students would say. I have never seen you perturbed even in the midst of difficult situations. Philip, the valuable counsel I received from you many times has kept me in good stead. You always found time for me. You went the extra mile for me several times. You truly have a pastoral heart. You both never flatter. Your words come from the heart. Only true friends will give honest advice and I consider you to be that for me. I will miss your hospitality and cheer. Our loss of you is the great gain of your new school in Korea!
Navam S. Pakianathan

Our story goes back such a long time Vasu….. we raised our children together and lived and loved in this crazy town surrounded by crazy comings and goings and we survived it all! Congratulations! May your new life as an artist be as happy and fulfilling as that shared with your students and friends around KIS and please invite me to dinner next semester – I promise to come this time!!!!
Penny

Luuuluuu !!! We are going to miss you so much. We just wanted to thank you for all that you have done. Thank you for the support and help through all the different phases we have been through for the past 3 years. When I was only 30%, you wrestled in the 70%. You are an amazing strong woman.

Thank you for protecting me and for all the baby tips. Please come to Kodai often so that we can give you a huuggg !!. We wish you the very best for the future.
God bless.
Praveen, Shekinah and Shifra

To all departing staff - KIS never taught me how to gracefully say goodbye and never prepared me for the numerous partings that would be ahead of me. However, I like the Tamil way of saying "poetavanga" and do hope that you will "go and come" and that our paths will cross again some day soon. You are joining the expanding KIS Alumni Association - a global community of people who have shared a Kodai experience! Welcome to KISAA! If I can be of any assistance to you, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Stay in touch! Till next time,
Julie Nichol Stengele (Class of 1980)
KIS Alumni Officer
alumni@kis.in